Hi guys! How are you? In today’s Dica we are going to talk about the coconut water benefits and learn how to buy it at a quiosque. It’s a Brazilian’s favorite drink on a sunny day. But is coconut water good or bad for you? Is coconut water really healthy? Let’s review this and much more today learning all about Brazilian coconut water!
Health Benefits of Coconut Water
First, let’s begin by learning some benefits of drinking coconut water and what it is good for:
- Just one glass contains the necessary amount of Calcium and magnesium for a day.
- One of the benefits of fresh coconut water is to prevent you from dehydration when you are sick.
- This drink also helps you lower the level of stress and weariness as well as relax the muscles of the human body.
- Scientists claim that it helps to reduce the growth of chronic diseases like cancer.
- This drink contains very little sugar!
Is Coconut Water Bad for You?
Ok, but is it totally healthy or can it also cause some harm? Let’s check it out:
- Like any food and drink, if you consume this beverage in excess you can gain weight, since it has a lot of frutose (which is a carbohydrate).
- Because it has a lot of frutose, diabetics must watch out their consumption, since they can’t consume lots of it.
- Hypertensive people should also keep an eye on consumption: this beverage is rich in sodium, which can be harmful for these people.
- In addition, one should also avoid drinking coconut water and simultaneously eating a lot of food. The calcium interferes with the absorption of iron (from food like beans, dark green leafy vegetables and meat). When the main course contains a lot of calcium (such as milk, cheese, yogurt), the vitamin C in coconut water blocks the absorption of nutrients.
- This being said, the ideal is not to exceed three glasses of it per day.
Learn How to Buy Coconut Water
Buying in a Quiosque
Read the dialogue below and learn how to buy it in a quiosque:
Atendente: Olá, pois não!
Moisés: Você pode me trazer uma água de coco, por favor?
Moisés: Obrigado! Muito obrigado!
Atendente: Hello, can I help you?
Moisés: Can you bring me some coconut water, please?
Moisés: Thanks! Thank you very much!
We hope your question “Is coconut water healthy?” is answered now, so you can be just like a Brazilian and drink some with us! Big hug to all of you and we meet again in our next Dica!