As a student of Rio & Learn, you will be staying with one of our families or native Cariocas, and you can begin putting Livelearning into practice immediately. It’s amazing how much practice and revision you can get from just 10 minutes when a friendly face asks you How was your day?.
This daily contact with Brazilian people at home will help you keep practising while relaxing. The Cariocas (people from Rio) are renown for their hospitality and kindness, and they are always more than willing to talk to overseas visitors.
Of course, they also provide you with useful tips on how to get by in the city and they can teach you a lot about Brazilian culture.
All of our accommodation offers are very accessible by public transport, so getting to school every day is simple.
The accommodation is selected from homes of families in a good neighbourhood of Rio de Janeiro (south). (*)
To meet your accommodation requirements, we offer two types of accommodation, Beach Accommodation and Budget Accommodation. Check out the Prices options.
This accommodation is a few blocks away from Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon (south) beaches. You can walk to the beach in minutes!
- Accommodation close to the school, and minutes by public transport.
- High standards of Brazilian accomodation.
- Internet connection.
- Air-conditioning in most cases (or a good fan).
- In some exceptional cases, we can offer much higher levels of accommodation in a great location but not at the beach front. (We always get your agreement prior to allocation upon this event).
- Accommodation in one of the other southern zone districts.
- The journey by public transport to school is longer.
- The comfort levels are lower but high by Brazilian standards.
- Internet connection.
- Often without air-conditioning, but there is always a fan in the room.
- In some very rare cases, these rooms are at Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon.
In each housing option, we offer either a single bedroom and no meals, or accommodation with meals (breakfast and dinner).
If you are vegetarian or have special dietary requirements we recommend you choose the option with accommodation only since it is common for families in Brazil to eat meals with meat as the dish.