What’s up ! Do you know how to make a feijoada? In today’s Dica, we’ll learn how to make a feijoada and a little bit about this dish.
How to make a Feijoada
Now, let’s take a look at the recipe and learn how to make a feijoada.
|500g de feijão preto||500g black beans|
|200g de carne seca||200g of biltong (salted dehydrated meat)|
|200g de carne defumada||200g of smoked sausage|
|200g de linguiça||200g of sausage|
|200g de linguiça calabresa||200g of pepperoni sausage|
|200g de costela de porco||200g pork rib|
|150g de bacon||150g of bacon|
|1 cebola média picada||1 medium size onion chopped|
|1 alho médio picado||1 clove garlic, minced|
|2 colheres de sopa de cheiro verde picado||2 tablespoons (soup) of chopped parsley|
|1 pitada de colorau||A pinch of paprika|
|1 pitada de cominho em pó||A pinch ground cumin|
|1 laranja||1 orange|
|Pimenta malagueta a gosto||Chili pepper to taste|
|Sal e pimenta do reino a gosto||Salt and black pepper to taste|
|Azeite a gosto||Olive oil to taste|
|Folha de Louro||Bay leaf|
Method of preparation
- Soak the carne seca (biltong) for 24 hours in cold water (change the water three times over this period of time).
- If using dried beans, soak them overnight.
- Rinse salted meat under running water to remove any excess salt. Removing any nerves, fat or hairs.
- Bring the biltong to a boil for 20 to 25 minutes, on a very high flame. Drain and remove any further excess fat.
- After this pre-preparation, start preparing the feijoada…
- Heat some oil in a large pan, stirring in the onion and then the garlic until golden, add the spices.
- Next, add the toughest meat in large pieces and cook for about 30 minutes then add less tough cuts and cook for another thirty minutes, and finally add the most tender meats.
- Add the beans, with some water and the bay leaf.
- As the meat is being cooked (this you will know by testing them with a fork, the reason they should be cooked in large pieces) remove from the beans, then cut them into small pieces to serve. Reserve them.
- Season the beans with traditional seasoning. Return these small pieces of meat to the beans, and cook for about half an hour.
- Serve with rice and decorate with sliced orange and parsley!
This is the way you make a complete feijoada. But our chef Igor prepared a simple recipe that anyone can cook. You can follow step by step and learn exactly how do make a feijoada! Let’s do it!!!! Don’t forget to turn the subtitles on.
|Soak||Deixe de molho|
|High flame||Fogo alto|
Until then y’all!
Hugs from Rio & Learn!